file-p2p-engine is a file downloader using CDNBye p2p technology.
This SDK is free of charge currently, please contact customer support to activate the service.
- WebRTC data channels for lightweight peer-to-peer communication with no plugins
- Support downloading any type of file
- Multiple files can be downloaded at the same time
- Efficient scheduling policies to enhance the performance of P2P streaming
- Use IP database to group up peers by ISP and regions
# Browser Support
WebRTC has already been incorporated into the HTML5 standard and it is broadly deployed in modern browsers. The compatibility of CDNBye depends on the browser support of WebRTC.
|Compatibility||Chrome||Firefox||macOS Safari||Android Wechat/QQ||Opera||Edge||iOS Safari||IE|
# Application Scenarios
Suitable for large file download, such as installation package and media files.
The difference with normal web page download (such as a tag) is that it needs to be downloaded to the browser cache first. After the download is completed, it can be saved locally. Therefore, it is recommended to add a progress bar to reduce users' doubts.
This plug-in is not suitable for downloading files less than 10MB
Not suitable for loading JS, CSS, HTML and image