A file downloader using WebRTC to offload bandwidth from expensive traditional CDNs.
This SDK is free of charge currently, please contact customer support to activate the service.
- WebRTC data channels for lightweight peer-to-peer communication with no plugins
- Support downloading any type of file
- Multiple files can be downloaded at the same time
- Instruct the browser to save a file using some response header and service worker
- Efficient scheduling policies to enhance the performance of P2P streaming
- Use IP database to group up peers by ISP and regions
# Browser Support
WebRTC has already been incorporated into the HTML5 standard and it is broadly deployed in modern browsers. The compatibility of CDNBye depends on the browser support of WebRTC.
|Compatibility||Chrome||Firefox||macOS Safari||Android Wechat/QQ||Opera||Edge||iOS Safari||IE|
# Application Scenarios
Made for large file download, such as installation package and media files.
The difference with normal web page download (such as a tag) is that it needs to keep the downloading page alive. Therefore, it is recommended to add a reminder to prevent user from closing page.
This plug-in is not suitable for downloading files less than 10MB
Not suitable for loading JS, CSS, HTML and image